Home Inspections OKC: Cockroach Infestation Prevention Plans
Let’s face it, no one likes having pests in their home. There is nothing worse than feeling invaded in a place that is supposed to belong to you. Cockroaches are a common infestation problem and it’s not just a dirty house that causes these uninvited pests. The truth is that even a clean home will provide shelter, water and food for cockroaches. An infestation of bugs isn’t just a bother to people; they can actually cause damage by chewing on paper products, leave stains behind and cause allergies or other health problems for families. Sharp Shooter Home Inspections OKC is going to go over some tips to keep pests under control, whether that be from a preventative standpoint or how to take back your home.
If you don’t have pests, you can follow these preventative tips to keep it that way:
- Store food in sealed containers.
- Don’t leave pet food and water out overnight.
- Tightly cover garbage cans containing food scraps.
- Take trash out regularly.
- Don’t let water accumulate anywhere in the home.
- Don’t leave clutter around.
- Close off places where pests can enter and hide.
- Learn about the pests you have and options to control them.
- Check for pests in packages or boxes before carrying them into your home.
If you already have pests there is a lot more to consider. A can of standard “Roach Spray” might only cost you $5-10 off the shelf, but how many have you had or will you have to purchase, because they aren’t that effective?
Truthfully, many people waste hundreds of dollars attempting to get rid of pests on their own. Unfortunately, cockroaches are persistent and off-the-shelf products are often not enough. If you’ve tried at-home remedies that failed, it’s time to call in a professional pest control company. If you want to skip all the hassle, call in a professional to begin with. Sharp Shooter Home Inspections OKC would be happy to help, of course! We’re not just specialized in Home Inspections OKC, but also in pest control solutions.
Once we’ve helped you rid your home of these pests, here’s the best way to keep cockroaches from returning:
- Have pest control treatments at least 3 times per year (spring, summer, fall).
- Follow all above mentioned preventative measures.
If you have a cockroach problem, now is the time to take back control of your home. Feel free to get in touch with Sharp Shooter Home Inspections OKC (and pest control services)!